Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tiredness

I have been trying to figure out why I have been soo tired and ornery this past week. Actually, I think I have been pretty unbearable for my family for at least 2 weeks. I think I have figured it out. Our baby boy we were adopting is to be born tomorrow. I thought I was coming to grips with the disappointment we received 3 weeks ago when the mother changed her mind but, as I have held a set of twins last weekend and 2 newborn boys today my sadness has kind of set in. I hate not having control of my own future. I am one of the ones that needs to have control. I feel like the Lord has been trying to get me to let go of the control my whole 29 years of life. Apparently I am a little hard headed. Anyways I was just feeling a little down about this. I think you are right I do feel better after I vent to my friends. Thanks for listening!!!

7 comments:

Steph said...

I had no idea you guys were going to adopt! That must be really hard knowing you won't get him. My cousin fostered twins for a year and was about to adopt them when their parents got out of jail and were the state gave them back to them. It was devastating. I hope that you guys get another chance to have a sweet spirit in your home!

Lena Baron said...

I knew there was a reason you've been on my mind today... Well, I think with this one I can actually say that I really do have a good idea of how you feel. I am so sorry! Let yourself cry about it. I promise you will feel better. In time, things will make more sense. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Please keep in touch. Email or call me any time!! Thank you for letting us into your heart!:) Love You!

Sandra said...

I'm with Steph, I had no idea that you were going to adopt. That would be hard to be expecting a little one and then to have the Mother change her mind. Are you going through LDS adoption?

Dawson Family said...

I am so sorry. I know that he would have been better off with you guys and that is why it is bugging you so bad. Pray for him, pray for ways to serve others and you will feel better because you will let yourslef think of others. I am always here for you and i feel very bad I was busy with a comp today when you obviously needed me. I love you and am always here.

Stephanie Cummins said...

Adopt!!! When did this come about? First I've heard about it. Jason and I were in the middle of trying to adopt when Garner changed our minds for us. Are you using an agency? They wanted 20,000 and I could not afford that. Or is this thru your church?

Karin Shannon said...

I know that most people didn't know that we were trying. Sometimes I feel selfish for trying because we already have 2 wonderful children and there are so many couples out there who don't have anything. We weren't sure how it was going to work out. Mainly because it was a private adoption. I think if we continue to move forward with this we will go through LDS Services. It is cheaper and also more sure.I love all of you. Thanks

Karin Shannon said...

I didn't mean anything. I ment they don't have any. Opps!