Friday, March 6, 2009

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hi all, Greetings from Rochester. We had kind of a laid back day. We had two appointments, one with pain management and the other was an ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis. The pain management appointment was like the other two pain management appointments except the Doctor was an anesthesiologist, he had a pocket protector, and was wearing a bow tie. Kind of ODD!!! He went over Makaylas history and did a quick exam of her then he got ahold of Dr. Pittock and gave her his recommendation for pain management. He agreed with the TENS unit and thought that was a great idea. He also agreed with the Neurologist in giving Makayla nortriptoline, to help with the pain and her sleeping. It also helps with the headaches. We then had 4 hours before our next appointment so we went back to the Ronald McDonald House and watched The Incredibles and rested. We then went back to the 16th floor of the Mayo building and had an Ultrasound of Makaylas Abdomen and Pelvis. They were looking to see if everything was where it was supposed to be and that everything looked normal. We haven't heard back yet if they found anything. We then decided that since we were going to be here over the weekend we needed groceries. So we went shopping. Makayla was kind of bummed out because we haven't done anything "fun" yet. So we found out one of the local High Schools was putting on a stage play of Disney's Beauty and The Beast. Someone had donated tickets to The Ronald McDonald House so we decided this was the "fun" she needed. We went and watched the play and she absolutely LOVED it. She sat on my lap and was mesmerized by it. She was so excited after the play that the cast was out in the lobby and she got to meet them. She got her picture taken with Belle. ( We'll post later.) It was then 10:30 pm and we had to be up at 6:30 for her appointments so we went back and went to bed.

5 comments:

Devon said...

Karin Noritriptline is a wonderful thing,that is what I take for my migrane/sleep issues.

Lena Baron said...

I'm glad you were able to go to the play!:) Question: Are you going to be able to meet with a nutritionist to help you draw up a good game plan to help Makayla?

Steph said...

I have to take Amnitriptiline for chronic headaches and if I don't take it I get horrible migraines. It's hereditary, my sister has the same thing and it goes back generations. It really helps me sleep as well. I think this will be a blessing for Makayla.

Karin Shannon said...

We are hopeing to meet with a nutritionist on Monday. We are not sure though, we have 3 appointments that are going to take up most of the day.

Sandra said...

From what I hear about how bad migranes can be I'm so grateful I've never had one. How often does she get headaches. I must be in the blue because I thought that most of her pain was her tummy.