Sunday, April 19, 2009

Go Diego Go

My kids are older so I haven't watched a whole lot of GO Diego GO. I babysat a couple of younger kids this week who really like this show. I kind of liked it myself as well. Then I saw something very interesting. I actually had to pause and rewind the show because I couldn't believe it. As I was telling Mike about it I told him I was going to blog about it and see if anyone else had happen to see it and get your opinion. It was just very odd. Diego's cousin (I can't remember her name )was with her Uncle at a strawberry patch and they were growing strawberries for the town strawberry festival. A wind storm came and blew them all away so they called Diego to bring more seeds. He had his pet iguana eat some strawberry seeds. Then of course, they did all of there traveling and climbing and everything when the iguana says we have to hurry because I really have to go. I stopped it and replayed it and thought the only thing that could mean is she has to go to the bathroom. I was thinking that is a strange thing for her to say. We kept watching and when they got to the strawberry farm Diego had her go and poop down the lines that were already set up for planting. Then they watered them with a hose. I was so shocked that I rewound the whole show and really watched it again. At the beginning of the show Diego explained that the iguana was going to eat the strawberry seeds and then poop in the garden so they could grow more strawberry plants. It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen on a cartoon for kids. Has anyone seen this one and what do you think?

9 comments:

Lena Baron said...

No, I haven't seen that one. But WIERD!!! Not one I would puchase now that I know... Duh! on their part.

Stephanie said...

I'm not sure about Strawberries, but several plants can only generate thur passing thru birds systems, so why not. So did you do some research on the subject yet?

Sandra said...

That is not one I would expect to see in a cartoon either. Even if it is something that happens it's not something I want my kids to watch. I've never even heard of Go Diego Go, but I guess it's not something I'm going to jump at now. I just don't think it's appropriate for kids. I have a hard enough time trying to stop the potty talk, I don't need cartoons doing something to create more.

Dawson Family said...

All right you have me laughing out loud! That is funny. No I haven't seen that one but that is funny. I have seen some strange things on cartoons. AJ asked me the other day why cows "poop out milk?" I was laughing pretty hard at that thought. But then we went and milked a real cow and she saw that they do not poop out milk. As for the Diego show that is weird and I would not be a fan of AJ watching that, she might try and plant some of Snoops poop or something and try to grow dog food!!!! :-)

Joylybean said...

That is hilarious!! I can totally see that on a Diego show because they cover some interesting things. I haven't seen that episode. It sounds like a strange thing to teach to kids but at the same time, nature works in mysterious ways!! Love ya!

Lena Baron said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Better Late then Never!! Love You! How are you???

Anonymous said...

As a mother of three grown children, I can say with confidence that when you start down the road and allow the "little" things like what the Diego show offers , it usually makes it easier to accept the trash later on. You kind of get immune to it. Just another perspective. :)

Anonymous said...

Bookkeeping clerk, dog catcher and janitor RESIGNS (all the same person). What's that all about? Hmmm.

Mayor ProTem resigns. Hmmmm. What's that all about?

Where there is smoke - usually there is fire....

There has been smoke at city hall in Alba, MO for a while. It has been a nasty, choking smoke…….. now there is a blazing fire.

The Jasper County Sheriff’s Department is conducting an investigation into what may shock the unassuming residents of Alba. Allegedly, City funds have been used for a clerk’s (city bookkeeper, dog catcher and janitor – all the same person) personal use.

Seems like the fine citizens have been duped by their city government and employees. The mayor and 3 of the council members were deceived as well.

The second city clerk claims she knew nothing of the alleged illegal activity of her co-worker. The mayor pro tem indicated that she signed blank checks but did not know that the clerk was using City funds for her personal use.

Hopefully the residents of Alba will become more active in their city government.

Lena Baron said...

Where Are you??? HOW ARE YOU???