Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Well, It's official. We are licensed foster parents. We were approved yesterday. I am so glad that it is all over it has been a very long 4 months. I had no idea the process was so involved. When we got the call yesterday after the license committee met we were so excited. Then in that same call we were told about our first placements. A 2 year old and a 3 year old. That wasn't at all what we had in mind but it will work out. We are only having them for about a week. I think we will wait until after out vacation to take any permanent placements. I just thought I would let everyone know. I also wanted to tell everyone how proud I am of my kids for taking this journey with me and being so involved and supportive. I love them so much!! I will probably regret saying this out loud but, it is amazing how much life feels like it is falling into place. Thank you for all of your support :)

3 comments:

Sandra said...

yep you just jinxed yourself he he. That is so exciting! You'll have to keep us posted on all the little ones you help out.

Lena Baron said...

AWESOME! Yes! Keep us posted on the journey.

Dawson Family said...

I hope it works our for you. You deserve a break more than anyone I know! Have fun with 2 year old attitude! It's a blast!