Sunday, May 9, 2010

Karate Tournament


This is a picture of our family with our karate instructor. The kids and I have been doing Kenpo Karate for about a year. Mike has just started he has been to busy with school to add anything else sooner. It has been a great adventure for all of us. I love Kenpo because it is all about self defense and empowering yourself if you were ever attacked. We competed in a tournament last weekend in Cameron, MO. We did awesome! It has been very fun having a family activity that we do together 2 times a week. As you can see we did well. These are all of our trophies and medals we won together.
Mike got first in forms, second in sparring, and a dislocated finger. I got first in forms and sparring. Joseph got forth in forms and a participation medal in sparring. Makayla got a participation medal in forms and third in sparring.

5 comments:

Dawson Family said...

How fun for your family! And how fun that you blogged!!!! Do it again, SOON! Love ya! Congrats on winning! You guys look tough!

Sandra said...

That is so awesome that you are doing that as a family!!! Very cool. Great job!

Joylybean said...

I love that your family is taking Karate together - what a fun family-bonding experience. You're Awesome!! Happy Mothers Day!

Lena Baron said...

Very Very Neat!!! So good to hear from you. I've been meaning to write you and check in. You beat me to it. Although I'd sure love more details if your up to sending me an email sometime! Love ya!!

Steph said...

That's so awesome! That family picture is awesome. Can't wait to see you guys!